Safety, Quality and Environmental Policy
Shaver Transportation has adopted the combined Management System (RESQMS) of the American Waterways Operators (AWO) Responsible Carrier Program (RCP) and the International Safety Management (ISM) Code, in addition to the standards of ISO 9001-2008. Shaver has adopted these requirements to ensure to its employees and customers that all of Shaver’s activities are conducted with the utmost respect for the protection of human life and the environment. By including the requirements of the ISO 9001-2008, Shaver is placing an additional focus on customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Shaver is certified under the RCP as part of its terms of membership in the AWO. Shaver remains compliant under the ISM Code as part of its quest for increased safety, customer satisfaction and protection of the environment. Shaver will be assessed for compliance with the tenets of ISO 9001-2008, and maintains its compliance through the SQ program under the watchful eye of ABS Americas.
Shaver is committed to safety and environmental protection in all phases of our operations. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations and strive to continuously improve the compatibility of our operations with the environment. In furtherance of this commitment, the management and employees of Shaver pledge to do the following:
- Conduct our business and operate our vessels in a manner that protects the environment and the safety and health of our employees and the general public.
- Recognize and be responsive to public concerns about waterborne transportation and its effects on the environment.
- Make safety, quality, health and the environment priorities in our business planning.
- Conduct Job Safety analyses on tasks that are unique or present an increased likelihood of risk or injury.
- Comply with all laws and regulations concerning emissions and waste.
- Participate with government and the public in creating responsible laws and regulations and standards to safeguard the workplace, community, and the environment.
- Establish and maintain, in cooperation with public authorities and others, contingency procedures and plans to mitigate effects of accidents that may occur.
- Continuously improve our processes to better perform all of our activities to further improve safety and protect the environment.
- Communicate with our customers, internal and external; hear what they say; and maintain our focus on meeting their needs and improving customer satisfaction.
- Allocate sufficient resources to ensure compliance.