Shaver is committed to safety and environmental protection in all phases of our operations. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations and strive to continuously improve the compatibility of our operations with the environment.
THE MANAGEMENT AND EMPLOYEES OF SHAVER PLEDGE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Conduct our business and operate our vessels in a manner that protects the environment and the safety and health of our employees and the general public.
- Recognize and be responsive to public concerns about waterborne transportation and its effects on the environment.
- Make safety, quality, health and the environment priorities in our business planning.
- Conduct job safety analysis on tasks that are unique or present an increased likelihood of risk or injury.
- Comply with all laws and regulations concerning emissions and waste.
- Participate with government and the public in creating responsible laws and regulations and standards to safeguard the workplace, community, and the environment.
- Establish and maintain, in cooperation with public authorities and others, contingency procedures and plans to mitigate effects of accidents that may occur.
- Continuously improve our processes to better perform all of our activities to further improve safety and protect the environment.
- Communicate with our customers, internal and external; hear what they say; and maintain our focus on meeting their needs and improving customer satisfaction.
- Allocate sufficient resources to ensure compliance.
Certifications & Safety Affiliations